Strange X-Files season 2 glitch

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kenny Goldin, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

For some reason, the episode "Fresh Bones" will not work at all on my main player, a Denon DVM-3700...it completely skipps the intro before the title sequence, and everything afterwards is all choppy and pixelated, sound dropping out, etc....however, I popped it into my secondary player, a Pioneer DVL-700 and it works absolutely fine. All the other episodes are 100% on this disc, and there are no visible scratches, dirt, etc. on the disc surface.
    Any idea why it would be so messed up on one player and not on another? It is really wierd B/C the Pioneer is quite a few years older than the Denon...
    So, do I chalk this up to a faulty disc, or is it an X-File?[​IMG]

2. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

I have a JVC player and it played fine. Sounds like an X-File to me [​IMG]

3. Juan C Toro

Juan C Toro Stunt Coordinator

I think this is a conspiracy.
    [​IMG]
    JC

4. Peter Manojlovich

Peter Manojlovich Second Unit

Fox needs to address quality control issues with the x-files box sets. Season 3 has one of the episodes freezing and pixelating. Season 4 has two episodes performing this decidedly unpleasant side effect.

5. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

what kind of probs. are in season 3 and 4? I have both (so far unwatched) so any heads-up would be appreciated...
    BTW...this is one hell of a scary series...especially the Duane barry stuff...boy oh boy..and I am scared to DEATH of Aliens...but I just have to watch...it is that good to make me try to put my fears aside. Not to mention I am watchign it alone, in the dark, after midnight![​IMG]