What's new

Strange TV/Speakers sound issue (1 Viewer)

Slim1211

Auditioning
Real Name
Pete
Hi all

I have a NAD C352 amp and Monitor Audio bronze 2 speakers connected to my Samsung Smart TV through a small DAC (The TV only has digital optical and the amp only has phono connections). The issue, I think, may be clipping but I'm not sure.

When watching normal TV the volume drops every few seconds and sometimes there is a small popping sound. I think this is the 'soft clipping' on the NAD kicking it to stop clipping but I can't work out why.

I'm no expert but I know the amp is powerful enough to run the speakers ( I've connected it to my phone and PC with no problems at all) and the DAC has it's own plug so it's not running from the amp. Also the REALLY strange thing thing is I can plug a USB stick into the TV and watch video files on the TV using the speakers and I can watch iPlayer, Netflix etc with absolutely no sound issues at all! At first I thought it must be something to do with TV sound settings as all digital smart TV apps seem to work, but then I ran Spotify though the TV and the sound issues came back....

I have absolutely no idea what is causing this and any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to keep 'testing' things and messing around with settings in case this problem is damaging my speakers. I am pretty new to all this so feel free to let me know if my set up is wrong or I have made any mistakes. Thanks.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
So if all the apps on the TV work then it's the cable channels that are having issues? Are you using a cable box?

Slim1211

Auditioning
Real Name
Pete
So if all the apps on the TV work then it's the cable channels that are having issues? Are you using a cable box?

Hi and thanks :)

Nope just an cable from wall to tv, no cable box. Spotify does not work either so not all the digital apps work but I'm not sure if it's because spotify connects in a different way to the other streaming apps, you switch the source from your phone to TV and it opens the app and uses wifi, not Blutooth, to connect.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
What audio options do you have on the TV? Can you change the output on the optical to PCM or stereo mode vs a surround sound option?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks