Strange Star Trek VI copy

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jason*C, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Jason*C

Jason*C Extra

Hey guys I just went to a Fred Meyers early today and I bought a strange copy of Star Trek VI. The case was white with a pink barcode in the back. Inside there was no insert and just the two dvds.

Is this some kind of screener copy?

Edit:

I also noticed that the Excelsior on the second dvd is upside down.

2. Todd Phillips

Todd Phillips Second Unit

3. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie

Stephen J. Hill
    If you guys have no serious issues with bilingual packaging, the Canadian version of Star Trek VI:CE comes in a black case with a white barcode, and the bilingual packaging is not nearly as invasive as an Alliance Atlantis release.

4. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    Not ALL Canadian copies, mine is white, only difference with U.S. version is the cover insert. It's pretty easy to get a BLACK keepcase, if you really care, I mean you can't even see a half square inch of white (or black) when the case is on a shelf, and the spines of the series aren't exactly consistent anyway. Now if it was a blue or bronze or gold etc. case and I didn't get that, then I might be annoyed a bit. What I don't like about the case is its cheapness, it's very warped and doesn't close properly, I have had the same problem with similar cases from Criterion. But then the price of this was cheap too, and as long as the disc is protected by whatever it's in, I'm OK.