What's new

Strange skipping issue with my Denon 2900. (1 Viewer)

Kimo Bonnelycke

Stunt Coordinator
Hello All,

I have a Denon 2900 (a refurb one from ecost.com got it in october). Everything has been great with it, but today I noticed some skipping while playing two movies. Normally I don't consider this to be a problem (it happens sometimes when the disks are really scratched), but it happened on two different movies, that don't show a single scratch on them. I tried the disks in my computer (Lethal Weapon 3, Directors cut, chapter 4)(Army Of Darkness, Boomstick Edition, in the intro Digital Stereo thingy) and there are no issues.

Does the Denon 2900 have some issue I don't know about? Anybody else have this issue on their Denon, or other player?

Anybody know what the latest firmware is for the Denon 2900?

Thx a bunch..

Kimo B.

Matthew Marino

Stunt Coordinator
My Denon 2200, which is very similar to the 2900, did the same thing this week. I've had it since about August of last year and up to this point I haven't seen it skip at all. Both Cast Away and Summer of Sam skipped several times and didn't do so in other players. Neither disc appears damaged. The Denon site doesn't show a new firmware upgrade for this model and I'm not sure what to do.

Chris Cavanagh

Auditioning
I have read over on the AVS forums that this could possibly be due to badly pressed DVD disc. The disc may look ok, by small flaws in the manufacturing of the disc seem to upset the 2900. Try another persons copy of the same movie to confirm that there is a problem with your disc.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Go to denons website and make sure you have the latest firmware on your Player. You just have to enter in your serial number. If yours is out of date, you can download and install the latest firmware pretty easy. I had a few discs known to cause problems, but after the upgrade, they were fixed.

http://www.usa.denon.com/support/upgrades.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks