What's new

Strange sighting at Wal-Mart (1 Viewer)

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
I was up at Wal-Mart just a little while ago and saw a guy who appeared to be in his mid thirties shopping in the DVD section with his wife/girlfriend and noticed that he was wearing a toe ring and had his toenails and fingernails painted black. I thought it was kinda strange. I know that the girl was his significant other because they were holding hands and gave each other a little peck on the lips so I don't think he was gay. Kinda strange though.

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
After reading your post I assumed you were midwest, or somewhere in the US nowhere near the east or west coast.

But dude, you're in CA. You've never seen a guy with painted nails or a toe ring? I'm from New York City originally, and would have hardly given the guy you described a second look.

Not everyone is mainstream, nor wants to be.

He probably looked at you and said the same thing. ;)

douglas-b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Douglas Berry
Oh MY God! People that look and dress differently than you...whats the world coming to???

What is kinda strange is that I wasted 10 seconds of my life to read this post.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Yeah, probably. Nope, born and bred in California. I guess being from a military town, we just don't see much of that here. I have seen surfers wearing toe rings, but this is the first time I have seen one wearing polish on his toes. No big deal, my credo has always been to each his own.;)

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
i like painting nails
usually my girlfriends, but sometimes i get bored and paint mine. i don't usually show them in public on purpose but it happens. *shrugs* and i grew up in redneck county, southern alberta

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Oceanside is the closet you will get to the Midwest in California.
My Sister moved there from Ohio and only left behind the Snow

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
If I'm at Wal*Mart and another customer's head splits open and a U.F.O. flies out, I wouldn't be suprised. I don't know about the rest of the world, but our local Wal*Mart gets all the two legged oddities.

Had I seen the guy however, my first thought would have been "Dude, thats so 1998".:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks