What's new

Strange "reset" problem. (1 Viewer)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Parker: First I want to thank you for your Herculean efforts at getting the new server and the VBulletin software up and running.

Here's something I've noticed over the past couple of days. When I first log in and visit each section, the unread posts have the correct red envelopes. If I follow them down, they turn yellow at the right spot from where I last left off. However, after I post a reply to a post (any post), the red envelopes on that section and all the other sections turn yellow as if they'd all been read. Any suggestions?

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Parker,

I just noticed this as well. As soon as you reply to someone it must set a flag that marks all posts as old.

Patrick

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Try going to the User Control panel, click on Edit Options and turn the Browse Board with Cookies off and see if that doesn't resolve your situation the next time you get on the board.

Parker

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Thanks, that seems to have fixed it. I wonder why it started doing that all of a sudden?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Well, if you browse the board with a cookie it will time everything from when you last posted/replied, etc. Now if you browse without a cookie it is like what UBB used in a bypasscookie=true that it used.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks