What's new

Strange IE problem (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I've noticed something strange happening with IE lately, and that's that often images won't load on a webpage (only the box with the X in it). This happens sometimes here on HTF with the icons that display beside the threads. The strange part is, when I right click and say to show image, it will usually pop the image right up. My settings look fine (set to show images etc)-any idea what might be doing this?

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
typically problems like that happen when you have a poor connection to the internet. when the browser tries to download an image but the image doesn't come after a few seconds it will just time out and not display it. there might be a setting to make ie wait longer for the picture but outside of that a better internet connection is the only true solution that I can think of off hand.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
You might try cleaning out the cache, your "Temporary Internet Files", under Tools | Internet Options

//Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks