Strange DVD observation - Edge titles

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard Harvey, Nov 30, 2001.

1. Richard Harvey

Richard Harvey Stunt Coordinator

I just noticed something very odd with my DVD collection (yes, it's late, I'm bored). I don't have a large collection, maybe 100 discs or so. However, I noticed that 99 of my cases have the DVD case edge titles/text reading from top to bottom (i.e. left to right, rotated 90 degrees clockwise).

But, my Cannonball Run snapper has the text running bottom to top (i.e. left to right, rotated 270 degrees clockwise). Does anyone else see this odd ratio with their collections? Am I spending too much time staring at my shelves?

Rich

2. Steve jc

Steve jc Agent

My copy of "The Man Who Fell To Earth" also has the title reversed, running bottom to top. Only one in 135 discs. Curious to see if there are others.

3. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

...ahh... if, like me, you owned many Region2/Europe DVDs, stored vertically, you'd find that on the spines of most of them titles run "from bottom to top" (ditto for European books, btw)... it's just "usage", that's all...

. . .

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Unfortunately many adult titles are also backwards. I actually used to segregate my CD collection - the handful of backwards spine prints went at the end of the collection- as to not mes up the organization of the others!
    Am I insane or what!?!
    [​IMG]
    -Vince