1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange DVD malfunction -- Road Trip

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Tyler Ruggeri, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Tyler Ruggeri

Tyler Ruggeri Stunt Coordinator

I put in my copy of Road Trip tonight (bought it when it first came out). I've watched it several times over the years with absolutely no problem. The disc has two thumbprints and a few very minor scratches, but overall any surface damage to the disc is minimal and barely visible.

It loaded and played perfectly fine until the layer change, at which point the player froze and would not go any further. I tried to skip a few chapters ahead or select a later chapter from the menu, but the player would freeze and lock up anytime I tried to access something after the layer change.

Has this happened to anyone else on this or other titles? I have absolutely no idea what it could be, since the disc wasn't damaged and has played perfectly fine several times before. Also, is there any way I can get in touch with the studio and possibly get a replacement copy?

Thanks,
    Tyler Ruggeri

2. David Allum

David Allum Stunt Coordinator

I had exactly the same problem with Road Trip (Unrated Version) recently, and also bought it when it was first released. Looks like there may have been a bad batch that has developed DVD rot.

I don't live in the US so a replacement isn't really an option for me, but you may have more luck. A quick search on Google should come up with the information you need.

3. Tyler Ruggeri

Tyler Ruggeri Stunt Coordinator

I've been searching online for the number for DreamWorks Home Video customer service and can't find it. Should I be contacting Universal instead? This disc came out in 2000, and wasn't Universal acting as the home video distributor for DreamWorks? Any info would be much appreciated.

Tyler Ruggeri

4. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

I found this site that lists several different production companies contacts that may be of some help to you.

Both Dreamworks and Universal have some sort of way of contacting. Hopefully, this will work for you, as I have the original release as well.

Ry.