Strange DTS problem (ANTZ and 12 MONKEYS)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by EarleD, Jun 15, 2003.

1. EarleD

EarleD Supporting Actor

I have Antz DTS and 12 Monkeys DTS. Both movies default to the PCM signal and I cant get my player or preamp to find the DTS signal.

I HAVE the DVD player set to bitstream/PCM. Other DTS movies where you select the DTS track work fine. The above movies just have the DTS track, correct?

Any thoughts?

Earle

2. Jeffrey R

Jeffrey R Stunt Coordinator

You should probably post this in the Home Theater Software board, but I am mot sure what your problem is. You might want to post which DVD and preamp you own. I happened to just watch Antz DTS Friday night using a Panny CP72, and as soon as the disc booted up, I was given the option to choose DTS or PCM. It worked fine. So, I am not sure why you are experiencing what you are.

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Neither of those titles has a PCM track. They both offer a choice between DTS and Dolby Digital 2.0.

Earle, since you say your equipment is playing DTS tracks on other discs, I can't explain why you're having trouble with these two. AFAIK, there's nothing unusual about either of these titles. But I'm moving this to Software, and I'll add the film names to the thread title. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

M.

4. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

I have both of these titles and the DTS plays with no problem. You stated that your player was set to Bitstream/PCM. Usually, those are two seperate choices. If you are doing the DTS decoding in your receiver, you should have DTS output set to Bitstream.

5. EarleD

EarleD Supporting Actor

I figured it out. The auto play was bypassing the option screen. Turned it off and now I have the choice.

Thanks

earle