What's new

Strange characters in someone's post. What's the cause? (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Nothing unusual in that post....
* d f
% y & # 835 9 ; hg t R ë
67 } zS ª 7lh Ñ tF ╝ æ
▓ ss w ♫qw ert y ò
{ G U IO ╝
Must be on your side.
Cees
;)
First statement is true, though.
C.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
They could just be ASCII characters that require a cntl-### to get a particular ASCII character to show up (like the "circle and C" for copyright).

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I really believe it was just a screw up on that particular thread post as it is not showing up elsewhere that I am aware of.

I'm "testing" this out to make sure that "quotes" and 'single quotes" aren't messing up.

Parker

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Parker, if you go back to the thread in question, note that Jack responded to my question about the strange question. He said he typed the information in Microsoft Word so he could post it on three different message boards, including HTF. He said that the posts on the other two web sites looked fine. Anyway, something must have gone wrong in copying the information from Word and pasting it into the HTF window.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
This isn’t anything other than “a test” of how a Word document is ‘inserted’ into one of the forum pages to see if it “puts’ weird ASCII characters in a post.

Note: As you can see I wrote the above text in Word and copied and pasted it to the forum without any problems. I believe it was just a glitch.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks