What's new

Strange 57HX81 picture anomaly - What is causing it? (1 Viewer)

Doug_JC

Grip
I have a noticed the following on all sources (DVD, DirectTv, VCR). When viewing a very white scene, hockey is the most obvious, I notice a very faint verticle line down the middle of the set. Thats not so bad. The bad part is that the left side of the verticle line has a noticeably darker tint. Not dark, but definitely a darker tint.

So when watching hockey, the ice on the right side looks bright white. However, on the left side it has a tint. This splits the screen exactly in half. On most darker material its not seen. Any ideas what this might be? I have only owned the set for about 2 months and feel this may require a call to Toshiba.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The problem of vertical ghost lines on H and HX series Toshibas is being discussed quite a bit on the Toshiba forum at hometheaterspot.com. You should do a search there, as there is several threads going on about this problem. The problem about a darker tint on one side than the other seems like a new one. I have not noticed this on my set but I have just purchased it, so it is not really set up properly yet.

Users who are viewing this thread