Str Vz555es And Parasound Hca2205at

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Arby, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Arby

Arby Auditioning

Just bought these new VZ555ES AND HCA2205AT.

Need help from ES gurus pls. Parasound require only 15mA 12v dc to trigger on. I have an old 12v 300mA and another 12v 500mA used as a cellphone charger. Will any of these work if i connect the power line of the converter at the back of the ES and 12v dc out to the trigger input of the Parasound? Which one is suitable? Isnt this too much? No overload or overheating will happen?

My manual for the ES is written in Japanese. Is there any compatible english manual for this model online for download?

2. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Arby,

Sorry...can't help with the manual. But either of the 12V converters should work. The 15mA is just the minimum sensitivity. To use my 855A, I had to use an extension cord into my H/K receiver as the power head with polarized plugs covered both the switched and unswitched outlets.

3. Arby

Arby Auditioning

Thanks Paul. It now triggers the amp and works great. I was looking into the manual of DA5ES and was able to partly set up my VZ555ES. Hope it does not make big difference in the set up with its other features.