What's new

STR-DA5ES Receiver? (1 Viewer)

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Tommy,

I'm surprised that you thought the Yamaha was better for music then the sony, as Yamaha is know for being better at home theater then for music. Yamahas come off as brittle to me for music but maybe its because of the speakers that were used. Also I haven't listened to the NEWER yamahas

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
I also have the STR-DA5ES and love this recever. The only thing I dont like is the DTS NEO-6 mode I thought it would be better than it is so I alaways use the PRO-LOGICII music mode when I listen to music.As far as movies go this thing is truley awsom, very powerfull and clean Ive never heard so much detail in my movies before.Setting it up is another story this is one you must set and play around with for awile to find the right sound but its well worth it.:emoji_thumbsup:

CaspianM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Moe
I have both the 5ES and 9KES. The 9KES with 2.5 upgrade.

5es is a nice receiver but do not think it is better than 9kes.

Obviously if you are after 6.1, 5es is the ticket.

But from 5.1 and 2ch sound Q stand point, 5es sounds duller and less engaging than 9kes. 5es base is some what fatter and midrange is a tad in your face while top octave is more recessed than 9kes. Overall both are on top of their class. But to me 5es souns like a bery good receiver and 9kes is like a very good seperate. 9kes sounds more refined and detailed with much better pitch definition in all frequency range.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks