What's new

Story behind the XMfan.com saga? (1 Viewer)

Keith Shaw

Agent
Having purchased an XM system just today, I thought I'd educate myself a bit further by perusing XMfan.com. Imagine my surprise when I see a page directing me to a new site under works and alluding to a rift between two of the site's founders. Since I'm not even a member of XMfan and only read enough to help make my XM vs. Sirius decision, does anyone know the background behind this?

Edit: A quick search finds a lot of the answers here

From http://www.xmfan.com/ (in case it gets removed)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I visit XMFAN.COM regularly and was also
surprised to see the site gone and a letter posted
concerning administrative riffs.

In defense of XMFAN.COM.....

The site was wonderful. It was a great community
gathering to talk about everything XM Radio. In
addition, they ran an XM STORE that sold everything
from hardware to decals to apparrell. It was first-rate!

Don't let what happened on XMFAN.COM affect your
opinoon of XM Radio. The two are not affiliated with
each other. It looks like that given some time,
XMFAN will be up on a new site (XM411.COM).

Keith Shaw

Agent
Oh, I already have a great opinion of XM Radio, Ron. I've had it for all of one day and already find myself wishing I had signed up 2 years ago. The diversity of music available is just staggering when you first start playing with it. The fact that it is now commercial free on the music channels made what was previously a difficult decision into an easy one for me.

I did enjoy XMfan.com when I was researching the two services, and hopefully it will be just as good when they finish getting it moved over to the new domain.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I was wondering what happened to XMFan. I had also noticed the Sirius ads, but didn't think much of it.

XM411 still isn't up at this minute...

Jason

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Keith - Take my word for it, the diversity of music becomes no less staggering even after 8 months. That's how long I've had XM, and I continue to be amazed at the variety of music available. I enjoy listening to channels like WorldZone, Ngoma, Frank's Place, On Broadway, etc. When listening to those channels (and many others), it is hard to believe I'm listening to radio. Instead, I feel as if I have unrestricted access to the world's largest music library.

The normal programming on most of the music channels is extremely good, but some of the special programs they present are simply incredible. Depending on your musical preferences, imagine hearing 7+ hours of the Carpenters, or 5+ hours of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, or Elvis Presley, or The Beatles, etc. The variety is truly staggering. I enjoy XM now even more than when I first purchased it, and hopefully you'll have the same experience.

Back to the subject at hand, I'm hoping that XM411.com is available soon. On this forum, satellite radio is off-topic, just as DVD is off-topic there. I enjoy both forms of entertainment, and I enjoy both forums. I look forward to their return.

Steve K.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
The saga continues. When you go to xmfan.com now this is what you get.

This is sounding a lot like my parents divorce.:rolleyes

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
The way these two do business its not surprising they are only pulling in $18,000 after 1.2 million in revenue. Whatever the problem is or whoever is at fault, I got to say this is not a practical approach to achieve their ends. Empires have fallen over loose lips, let alone a measly web site. If these guys have any brains they will erase everything that has been written and take this off line immediately because this is only going to get uglier.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Jed,

Words of wisdom!

I know first-hand the problems that can occur with
what has been posted on that site.

I have personally been involved in such ugliness.

It's often hard not to do, but one should never air
their dirty laundry in public like that.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
My quick thoughts on Ryan's take on the incident.
He mixed up slander/and libel which shows that he obviously isn't seriously pursuing legal action otherwise he would know the difference between the two.
Second, I don't care what's going on but he shouldn't have posted Ziggy's personal information like that(address, phone number, cell phone number). That's just irresponsible. Keep your little feud personal.
So in the meantime, anyone know of any other XM discussion forums?

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
XMFan.com and XM411 are up and running. It looks like Ziggy has started over with XM411. Ryan has all the original posts at XMFan.com

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Thanks for the update Joshua, I figured they wouldn't be up for quite some time. glad to see they're both up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks