What's new

Story Based games?? (1 Viewer)

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished kotor and it had one of the best story lines of any game I have played ...any recomendations for anything that comes close. xbox or psx2.. aside from the FF series

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
For xbox there is nothing. For PS2 there are a lot of good RPGs, unfortunately I haven't played a lot of them. For PC anything from Bioware is a really good idea. The Baldur's Gate games, Planescape:Torment, Wizardry 8, Fallout games, even the Diablo games have good stories. Best thing is most of these are older titles and are both cheap to buy and will run on older hardware. Give one of those a shot if you have a PC and some time to burn. Torment and Baldur's Gate II are probably my all time favorites for a killer RPG storyline.

Somebody will show up shortly to give you the PS2 lowdown I'm sure...

Krystian C

Stunt Coordinator
PS2

Xenogears
Kingdom Hearts
Ico (Freakin incredable game)

If you are willing to go back a little farther to the old PS, give Xenogears a try. Noted for being one of the best RPG stories ever. As well as Chrono Cross.

That should keep you occupied for a few hundred hours.

And don't forget, there are 2 endings to KOTOR. One good and one evil.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Same here. There is a lot of aimless clicking around, walking back and forth...

BEAUTIFUL game, however. Voice acting is mediocre, and the secondary stories are annoying. But the primary story is, so far, very neat.

John Madia

Second Unit
Get the Baldur's Gate two pack for $20. It's a great game with 100+ hours of gameplay. If you enjoy it get Planescape Torment which is even more story based. The Icewind Dale series is more combat based so I'd avoid it unless you really enjoy the combat aspects of Baldur's gate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks