What's new

Story about a girl(personal experience) (1 Viewer)

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator
LMAO guys,nice replies...

Listen my next class is on friday.
Guess what...you're probably gonna say that i'm crazy or a total idiot or whatever, but today right after my gym class,i was walking in the hall at Cegep(step right before university in Canada)and you probably guessed it...I saw her there sitting on one of those seats right next to the wall,she looked at me and i was looking at her but ,but I DIDN'T TALK TO HER!!!!Argh!!!
Can't believe it...I was like frozen and i kept walking like a robot and didn't say a word.
I was gonna talk to her but when she took her eyes off me,i was like:"hmmm,maybe not now...i'll wait until friday".I know ,i know,i always find excuses...Maybe i'll never talk to her and that's killing me! :angry:

Dude and i'm totally conscious that the more I wait,the harder it will be to engage the conversation.

I'll try to redeem on friday... :frowning:

Lates!

Antonio

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Ah... the sweet memories of adolescent infatuation... Every morning you wake up with the resolve to finally say something to her, every evening you come home dissapointed because you chickened out, but knowing that tomorrow is the day...

It's OK, we've all been there, although at 13, not 19... ;)

BTW, do not tell your friends about this, or they will constantly pressure you to do something, which is very counter productive.

--
H

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
I knew a girl like that back in my college days. She did not want people at school to get close to her to know her secret. Turns out she was a stripper.:D :D

Turns out she was a really nice person.

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor

Coming back to the whole mime thing... was the wall "really" there? Or was she dramatically pretending that there was a wall there? You know the whole "Im leaning against an invisible wall... oops, the wall just disapeared and I fell over" routine... ;)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
You should have at least said "Hi", even if it came out awkward, at least she'd know you want to talk to her.

Try not to freeze up next time, if you feel like you're gonna choke, at least muster enough courage to say 'Hi' and get it out of the way, the rest will come more natural after the first time you talk to her.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Y'know, as silly as it seems that he passed up that opportunity I'm sure most of us can remember doing the exact same thing. Maybe for some it was only in our adolesence; for some it may have been last week. In my own experience I have been surprisingly un-self-conscious about striking up a conversation and at other times nervous. Sometimes I still do it, even though I know better. Who can explain why? Maybe it comes down to mood?

All I can say is what you already know, the longer you wait the worse it gets. Better to have started long ago, but then who has the luxury of time travel?

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I wish I could start up threads like this. But first, I must grow balls.....

Well that, and I've got a broken heart that I haven't tried to fix in six years. But I've got school to worry me at the moment.

Can't help you there Antonio. If it can make you feel any better, you're several steps ahead of me. :)

Kami

Screenwriter
Umm, you're analyzing it too much. As others have said start simple. Ask for email/MSN/ICQ/whatever. Talk about school work. If she likes you then you ask her out for coffee.

Then tap that ass.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Antonio, buddy, as someone who blew his share of dating opportunities in high school and college, only to later find out the girls had had a crush on me all along, let me say this:

INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO HER ON FRIDAY.

I don't care how nervous you are, or how foolish you feel. Trust me, she's just as nervous as you are. So take a chance and see what comes of it.

I'm only 27, and I'm already sharing the mentality of "youth is wasted on the young" :p)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Hey I know! When I am public speaking and get nervous I try thinking of everyone in their underwear, maybe you could....
hmmm
on second thought...

You are too worked up over this. You need to take her off the pedestal in your mind. Find something about her that is unattractive and focus on it. Imagine she suffers from flatulence or whatever, just to bring her down to human status.

Speaking with humans is easy. Put her back on the pedestal after she has done something to deserve it from you.

- But I still think she's an alien who's only interest is devouring you like a cheese-puff.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

I hear you dude!

In my case, it was somewhat worse, since for secondary school (equivalent of 7 to 10th grade) I was in an all-boys school. So if you wanted to talk to a girl, you'd often have to pick up the telephone and make the effort to call. Can't remember how many evenings I sat there staring at the phone willing up the courage to dial those 7 digits... :b ;)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
...and don't bad-mouth the class or the teacher. She may like it or be related. (That would suck, wouldn't it?) :)

You might want to just ask her a question about her thoughts on the class or homework.

Glenn

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Ill never understand why people beat themselves up over someone they dont know.Second,third,fourth guessing will get you no where.

Just go talk to her. Either she'll talk to u or she wont.Only one way to find out.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
The one person I was most terrified of meeting, almost eight years ago, was my classmate in anthropology.

She later became my wife, now of nearly 7 years. Would've never happened if nerves got the better of me.

For of all the sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: "It might have been!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks