What's new

Storing Home Theater in the Cold (1 Viewer)

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I am going to be storing my home theater in a garage for a while and I am worried that the cold will have an effect on the equipment. Will it? I know that once I get it into a warm place I should not fire it up right away, but will the cold effect my equipment in anyway other than that?

Thanks for all your help!

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
THink it depends on how cold. Maybe parts/joints can become brittle and break once they expand when brought back in. Contact you local dealer and see if he has any ideas. I would also worry about moisture.

Kevin

BruceD

Screenwriter
Yea, my biggest worry would be condensation of moisture with temperature changes, even just between night and daylight sun.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I am also interested in information in regards to this. I am looking at moving out for about 6 months and shutting off all utilities to my home. This would include HVAC, so my equipment, even though indoors and away from moisture, will be exposed to temperatures at or below 32°F for the remainder of the winter.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Well, my father is going to let me store my electronics in his house for the time that I need. Now I don't need to worry about the harsh cold affecting my electronic equipment.

Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks