What's new

Stories from a Hollywood set on location (1 Viewer)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
So there I was on a rare day away from work (renting HD/DVDs), on a beach, on the wrap day of an upcoming independent adventure thriller from some young Hollywood heirs, as board adviser for our Film Commission.

And on the drive back, I ask one of the producers (think son of studio head) if he was into HD yet. "Yeah, I got my screen and cable channel". And when I asked about HD DVD or Blu Ray, I got a blank stare.

Either he's been away or buried in some place where advertising is absent, or the promotions aren't even reaching their own people.

Anyway, it was a good excursion, and chatted with almost everyone from cast, crew, producers, except the director who was making his debut.

They shot in HD (Sony Z1?), and what I excitedly learned was apart from doing some ADR on the spot, it was recorded to hard drive. Also traditional lighting is no longer needed with HD cameras.

Thought some might enjoy this unusual report concerning HD.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Well you can get an exposure with out traditional lighting, but if you want it too look good and not be a grainy mess or have too much contrast, "traditional" lighting is still the only way to go.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks