What's new

Stores that sells chess boards (1 Viewer)

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
Anybody know of any stores that sells chess boards in the San Antonio area? I'm looking for a wooden chess board and I don't want to buy it online.

I'm thinking of looking in the malls, but there is to many here.

Any help will do.

Thanks

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Zainy Brainy also carries (basic) sets, as does Sharper Image (or they used to have techie-ones)

Boy, you know, I remember as a kid getting an electronic chess board (laugh now!) which would play back the games of the masters so you could play against it to see how you did. I don't think they make any such thing now.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
FYI this Chess Site is a fun site. There's an online chess match you can play against the computer (scroll down half way to JChess). It took me two tries to beat it:b

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Try Sloan-Hall on Broadway in Alamo Heights. If they don't have them you'll probably enjoy all the other cool stuff they stock.
El Mercado has onyx chess sets, perhaps they'll have wood also.
Check Whole Earth Provision at The Quarry.
At any of these stores, ask, and someone will know what shops to check.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Didn't Zany Brainy go out of business? I know the one near me folded a couple year's ago.

If any stores sell like jigsaw puzzles and stuff, I've found chess boards sold in those kind of stores. Many other stores sell basic cheap plastic ones.

Jay

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
Thanks for the replies.

A friend told me to go to Central Command Games in San Antonio. I'll give that place a try this Saturday. :D

If I don't find what I want, I'll try the other places.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
Well, went to Central Command Games and they were out of the wooden chess boards I wanted. Ended up going to Market square (El Mercado) and bought a marble chess set.

Thanks for all the help. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks