Store that sells Vinyl?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Brown, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Chris Brown

Chris Brown Stunt Coordinator

-
    Anyone know a B&M Store that sells Vinyl?

I'm looking for Pink floyd on LP.

2. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

Vinyl, what's that? [​IMG]
    I don't know about California, but your best bet would probably be local used music stores. Here in the NE area, I can't think of anywhere - well, perhaps Newbury Comics still sells some things in vinyl.
    cheers,
    --tom

3. Hanwook_K

Hanwook_K Stunt Coordinator

tower records carries LIMITED amounts of LD ...

4. mike_decock

mike_decock Supporting Actor

Pink Floyd, except for the occasional reissue, would typically only be found in used stores. I would check the Yellow Pages for used record stores in the area.

-Mike...

5. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
  6. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Rasputin's might have it. Give them a call.
    Tower may be able to order it for you.
    I used to get my vinyl at Star Records in San Jose, but I don't know if they are still around. Let me ask my DJ buddies, they know all the cool small places to get vinyl. [​IMG] As noted, you are probably looking at used though...

7. John_W_Jr

John_W_Jr Stunt Coordinator

Chris,
    Have you tried Ameoba Records, or Rasputin's in Berkeley? They're on Telegraph Ave, and have a very large selection of used records. Amoeoba also sells new vinyl from all of the reissue labels as well.

Good Luck!

8. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Here in Los Angeles, there is a very celebrated specialty shop that stocks vintage vinyl LPs exclusively, called The Record Collector, on Melrose Avenue. The man who owns and operates the story focuses on serious music primarily, though he does have small jazz and pop-music selections.

If anybody's in the market for some of the great Mercury Living Presence series of recordings with the Minnesota Orchestra under the direction of Antal Dorati, go to The Record Collector with plenty of cash.

9. Nathan Pullar

It is not B&M in the US but HMV has a good Vinyl selection and has the Echoes box set for $80 CDN ($50 US)
    Nathan

10. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

There are HMV stores in the US. Or maybe there is just one [​IMG] It is in Cambridge, MA in Harvard Square - unless it has shut its doors recently. A few of the big UK/Ireland stores set up shop over in Boston in the '90s. HMV was one of them.
    cheers,
    --tom

11. Brian D Scott

Brian D Scott Stunt Coordinator

12. Jeremy Hegna

Jeremy Hegna Supporting Actor

I'm flying down to LA just for Rasputin's and Amoeba records in November...damn, to be so close would be nice[​IMG]
    Jeremy

13. Sean Dayton

Sean Dayton Stunt Coordinator

Rockaway Records in LA,CA and in Mesa, AZ deals in vinyl and has a Ebay store.They are good guys to deal with. Here in Vegas, Record City still pushes alot of vinyl, common and rare stuff. Eight locations city wide. You should have come by my place last month. I gave away over 2000 LP records. I had all the Pink Floyd releases up to the Final Cut on LP including the half speed of Dark Side of the Moon.I seem to recall that I paid almost 35$ for that one and that was alot of money for me in 1984.

14. Chris Brown

Chris Brown Stunt Coordinator

-
    Thanks for all your responses everyone. There is a rasputin close to my house and i'll have to check that out.

15. Frank_S

Frank_S Supporting Actor

Chris, A greatest hits compilation was released a few months ago and I know where you can pick it up new, sealed.
    The Analog Room at 1416 Fruitdale avenue(at Meridian)
    971-6158, closed Sun-Mon. Echoes costs $50 on vinyl and it is a digitally remaster of their past work, a 4 LP Box Set, very nice packaging. I own it and it sounds pretty good for being digitally mastered.
    Also, if you go to The Analog Room, check out their gear, they have the best selection of TT's, Tube gear I have seen. [​IMG] Ask Brian or Chris to spin Side 1 of DSOTM on 1 of their rigs, I'm sure they would be glad to do that for you, and don't forget to bring some cash! [​IMG]

16. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

Try your local goodwill or salvation army...I'm prety sure they should have some LPs that no one wants anymore...