What's new

Store Employees: what do you want them to know? (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Don't spout "This is a really good game" as someone buys it. "No, Really? I was buying it because it was rubbish, thanks for the warning!".
Absolutely!!!:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
This annoys the hell out of me. The same goes for when I go to a video shop and purchase a DVD. I always get that "This is an awesome movie". No shit. I would have never guessed. All this time I was wondering why I brought it up to the counter to buy it!:rolleyes.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
"This annoys the hell out of me. The same goes for when I go to a video shop and purchase a DVD. I always get that "This is an awesome movie". No shit. I would have never guessed. All this time I was wondering why I brought it up to the counter to buy it!. "

Do you guys realize how many people NEED that confirmation? Try being the one on the other side of the register for a few, okay? Seriously - some people will buy a title instead of rent it and be back selling it to me or trying to return in within a week. It's just crazy. But that harkens back to a VITAL retail concept mentioned above - know what the needs of the individual are, not what you percieve their need is. Good thread !!

Matt

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
*I* said:
Thats there own damn fault. In the case of entertainment media such as videogames, movies, music, etc...It is the consumers responsibility to:
A. Research or at least have some kind of knowledge about the product you have in mind to buy before you buy it so as to make sure it is what you want.
b. Take into account what kind of return policy said retail outlet has so as to insure you may return the purchased item in case said item was not to your liking.
Part of that research I mention above is asking store employees thier opinions about a product and of course about the details of thier return policies. That is part of a store representatives job. Not doing this research always leaves a risk that what you buy may or may not be to your liking. Some people dont mind taking that risk.
However, if a customer does not take the time to do do either of those things listed above then they will need to deal with the consequences of thier impulse purchase.
Again it does come back to what you said and this is something I completely agree with: Know what the needs of the individual are, not what you percieve their need is.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I guess I don't see it as horning in with his/her opinion. It's just friendly, idle chit-chat, which doesn't bother me in the least. Actually, I prefer it to a mindless drone working the till.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks