What's new

Stopping online videos, can it be done? (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Is there a way to stop online videos from loading?
Lots of news sites, particularly anything from MSN will show most of a written article, spend a minute or two loading some lame video (which of course starts with a 15-30 second ad before the story), then show the rest of the written article. The video also ends up just being a rehash of the written article which can be read in 1/10 of the time it takes for the ridiculous video.
I can stop the video once it starts, but is there a way to stop it from even loading in the first place? Or is this just something we're stuck with forever like the channel logos on television that everybody runs.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I'm hoping there's a fancy apprach, because I'm intersted too. But I just have flash disabled by default and only turn it on when I want to use it (very east to do in Firefox).

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
If you isolate and identify the feed, you may be able to use adblock to block it but it still probably wont allow you to "skip" the ad. I don't know, I don't usually check out MSN... CNN does the same thing with their videos but I usually just browse on another tab for a bit til the actual video starts (I don't watch videos often anyway)..
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks