What's new

Pre-Order Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot (1992) (Retro VHS) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
919ra4jFnPL._SY679_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Strange the priorities of film releases. This film will be available, and Ordinary People is not in this country. Still waiting for the David Lean film Great Expectations to be released here in BluRay. :wacko:
Mill Creek have consistently issued the worst blu-ray releases, quality-wise. They don't need decent masters or films that cost a lot of money to licence. I have the region "B" ITV version of Great Expectations. What looked great in 2008 doesn't look quite so great now, because we've become so accustomed to pristine 2K and 4K restorations of classic films. Twilight Time are resurrecting the label - if enough people tell them they want Ordinary People, it might be released with a decent transfer.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I loved Estelle Getty as Sophia on The Golden Girls* but I could never bring myself to watch this, and I've made it all the way to the end of some real clunkers. The late Blake Snyder, screenwriter of this film and author of a book on the topic called Save The Cat!, also went on to write an incredibly bad movie at Disney two years later starring another ex-NBC sitcom supporting actor: Blank Check which wasted Family Ties' Brian Bonsall.

*Who was known to dish out some very salty opinions on movies and TV. That she hated Ishtar was one thing, but Ghostbusters? And why did she see the second one if she didn't like the first one? She also took potshots at Designing Women and the recasting of Darren on Bewitched. All of those were made by Columbia. Except she didn't like thirtysomething either and MGM made that. Yet Warner Bros.' My Sister Sam she seemed less hostile to.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Blank Check is a wonderful kids movie! What kid wouldn’t want to play out that scenario?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
*Who was known to dish out some very salty opinions on movies and TV. That she hated Ishtar was one thing, but Ghostbusters? And why did she see the second one if she didn't like the first one? She also took potshots at Designing Women and the recasting of Darren on Bewitched. All of those were made by Columbia. Except she didn't like thirtysomething either and MGM made that. Yet Warner Bros.' My Sister Sam she seemed less hostile to.
Don't forget the slam on Bonfire of the Vanities:

Sophia: “Hurricane supplies, coming through.”

Rose: “What makes you so certain about the storm, Sophia?”

Sophia: “Because I'm old. I know. I've seen everything twice. Except Bonfire of the Vanities. Oof”

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I loved Estelle Getty as Sophia on The Golden Girls* but I could never bring myself to watch this, and I've made it all the way to the end of some real clunkers. The late Blake Snyder, screenwriter of this film and author of a book on the topic called Save The Cat!, also went on to write an incredibly bad movie at Disney two years later starring another ex-NBC sitcom supporting actor: Blank Check which wasted Family Ties' Brian Bonsall.

Don’t know how old you are, but if you remember the video store days (and I’m taking mom and pop) one might have been forced into into it. That’s how I came across it

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I would have been nine at the time, and I very much remember spending much of my time browsing in video stores. At least they could alphabetize their titles better than streaming services tend to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks