What's new

Stones SACD NO PLAY ON PC? (1 Viewer)

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Does any one know why my Hitachi installed (came in my gateway pc) cd-rom will not identify or play hot rocks hybrids from abkco? I will try other hybrids later! I have had no problems prior to this. :angry:
Anyone else have similar problems?

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
My Hybrid SACD's from Rounder will not play either :angry: Actually, my dvd menu comes up but will not read or play the disc. This is not that important seeing that I have a dedicated SACD player, but I wanted to burn a few copies of some new discs (I like to keep originals for home only)for my 12 hour roadtrip with my kids:D I guess I won't be doing this!

Kevin P

Screenwriter
If you're using a DVD-ROM drive it could be trying to read the SACD layer as a DVD, which obviously won't work. If you have a CD or CD-RW drive that doesn't read DVDs try using that drive--it should read the CD layer no problem-o.

KJP

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Dan, I was thinking the same thing as Kevin. I assume you have a DVD-ROM drive on your computer. You said CD-ROM, but is that what you really meant?

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Dan, I was thinking the same thing as Kevin. I assume you have a DVD-ROM drive on your computer. You said CD-ROM, but is that what you really meant?
Yes, I have one dvd-cd-rom and a cd-rom-cd burner. I will try the burner and save as a wave file to record.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
Yep. (Unless a particular disc has some sort of goofy copy-protection scheme on the CD layer, and I haven't heard of any that have yet.)

Ryan

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mike, the CD layer on a hybrid disc is like any other CD, and as such, can be copied to a CD-R or CD-RW. As Ryan said, fortunately no hybrid discs have copy-protected CD layers. Of course, they wouldn't be CD layers with copy protection. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks