Stones Releases In Canada

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KrisM, Sep 12, 2002.

1. KrisM

KrisM Second Unit

Has anybody seen the new Stones discs in Canada yet? I recall a thread that said they were delayed, but I don't remember the date given. All the stores I check have not heard of them.
    And a related question: does anybody know what they will sell for? I was in A&B Sound the other day and they had the old ABCKO titles selling for $26.00CDN!

Regards
    KrisM

NP - Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um

2. Daryl Furkalo

Daryl Furkalo Second Unit

I still haven't seen them yet either. They were supposed to be out on August 27. http://www.mymusic.com has them listed at that date, but doesn't say they are shipping yet. I have never with them specifically, so I don't know how reliable there release dates really are. The new Satriani is already shipping from there though, and it was released later.

3. KrisM

KrisM Second Unit

I thought the original release date was the 27th, but I also seem to recall that the date was pushed back into September.

KrisM

NP - Jimmy Rogers - Blue Bird

4. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

I've seen them at HMV in Toronto.

They're priced at $28.99 CAD.

5. KrisM

KrisM Second Unit

Thanks Marc.
    I don't shop at HMV much, but I'll check out the one here.
    Is this the price they will be selling for, or is this a typical HMV over-pricing. This price isn't bad for SACD, but will the public really pay $29 for a regular CD?

Thanks
    KrisM

6. KrisM

KrisM Second Unit

Marc,
    Are you sure they are the SACD discs? I just got back from HMV and they don't have them. Their computer lists the ABCKO titles as being remastered and re-released in 2001. They have no discs listed with a 2002 date.
    Any other Canucks have any info?

Thanks
    KrisM

NP - not the Rolling Stones SACDs

7. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

Kris,

They have them at HMV in Toronto (and they are the new SACD releases in digipack form) and on their website.

I don't know about other places in Canada though.

Sorry, didn't mean to waste your time on a fruitless trip to HMV. I should've stated Toronto, in case the story was different for other cities.

Either way, pretty pricey at $28.99.

8. KrisM

KrisM Second Unit

No need to apoligize Marc, you did mention Toronto. I called first and the clerk checked to see if they were the remastered versions, but I forgot that the 1986 versions were also "remastered".
    It is kind of frustrating that nobody here(Edmonton) knows what I'm talking about. I could see if it were some unknown band, but its the Stones. Even if they are not available, a simple release date shouldn't be too hard.
    If you think $28.99 is pricey, HMV had the 1986 versions selling at $31.99.

Thanks
    KrisM

NP - Blues Review Sampler(OCT/NOV 2002)