Stone Temple Pilots - Shangri-La Dee Da

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dean DeMass, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

I'm surprised nobody is talking about the new cd from STP here? After listening to it for a couple of weeks now, I have to say that this is the best album from STP yet. Every song on here is just tremendous. Most bands go down hill after laying off the drugs, but STP seems to be getting better. [​IMG]
    I can't wait for them to tour the US because I have yet to see them for some unknown reason and I can't wait to here this new material live.
    -Dean-
    ------------------
    My HT Equipment
    "I've seen you and you are not cool."

2. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Dean, I bought it on its release date and I'm a big fan of STP but I don't think its the best STP album ever. Its not bad. Better than the last one but in my opinion Tiny Music and Purple are better examples of what this band can do.
    I thought 4 was a step in the right direction after Weiland cleaned up and this one is another big step towards their excellent earlier work. If they keep going this way the next one should be really kick ass.
    Having said all that, I'm extremely happy their still around and making music.
    Just my opinion,
    Patrick
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

3. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

I'm planning on picking this one up soon. Since I was in college at the time, I really dug on their first two albums. Tiny Music had some great tracks, and some not-so-great tracks. The fourth album was a wash, IMO. I can't wait to hear this one, though. I'm glad Scott got himself cleaned up, hope he stays that way.
    ------------------
    I know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve - Bilbo Baggins