"Stone Cold": Would any other action hero muck it up this bad? (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg_S_H, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    The National Guardsmen die.
    Chains's/Stone's girlfriend is killed.
    The Whip is cracked.
    The state Supreme Court is wiped out.
    And to top it off, Stone doesn't even ice Chains. Lance has to do it.

Would Arnie/Sly/anyone else have allowed these things to happen? I think they could have broken up the gang, knocked off Chains, and prevented most of the other stuff from happening.

Still and all, a guilty pleasure. Unlike some other Bosworth movie I saw recently.

2. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

Now I don't actually remember most of the details, but I remember seeing it on VHS once...
    The ending with Lance killing Chains just seemed like a Die hard 'killing is good' homage/ripoff
    The supreme court being wiped out was the highpoint of the film though [​IMG] although it did seem like a gimmick to avoid the "usual, cliched hero saves the day" ending - but although I can't really remember any other specific examples I wasn't really surprised, a lot of b-movies seemed to go for susprise un-happy endings at the time

3. David Rogers

David Rogers Supporting Actor

I remember that film, is it available on DVD?

It wasn't bad for what it was, a low-mid budget "hot current actor" action flick. B grade pretty much, but the part I liked about it was the cast. Bosworth didn't do a bad job, and it had Lance Hendrickson who's rarely bad in a role.

4. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I don't know if it's on DVD, but I'd consider getting it. I just found out last night it was directed by Craig Baxley, who did a lot of work on the A-Team. Stone Cold even features the Doom "gun-cam," as seen on a couple of episodes of the TV show. [​IMG]
    Unhappy endings probably were en vogue at the time, but I still think another hero could have done at least *some* good. [​IMG]

5. KyleK

KyleK Second Unit

This was on one of the encore channels a couple weeks ago, I watched most of it (having nothing better to do).
    I remember thinking it was crazy how nearly everyone died except the two main heroes.
    I loved it [​IMG] :b

6. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

I can't believe I'm in this thread...
    OK, OK, so I remember this one from cable a long time ago... I still believe it is the pinnacle of nihilistic action movies. So much cruel and meaningless carnage!
    I hope this message does not inspire the waste of any VHS rental money.
    ~Steve [​IMG]