STING ...all this time

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shelby, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Shelby

Shelby Auditioning

Hi guys...

Just picked up a copy of Sting all this time. I found the DVD has tons of extras and menus, great picture quality but the sound which is in 5.1 just didn't have any "punch" it did sound clean, but it appears that i had to adjust the volume of my reciever up much more to enjoy this concert than any of my others, ...Thoughts????

2. David Werner

David Werner Stunt Coordinator

Sounds great on my system, no adjustments needed. I usually listen to concerts a bit loud so my opinion may not be valid.

3. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

NO punch?

Talk about different opinions here.

My only problem with the sound was with the mix[surround],it was a bit too "adventurous" to me,and I usually like multy channel recordings.But this was a bit too much a times,not always.

Also Cristian Mc'Bride's double bass was a bit overwhelming on certain songs.Other then that it's a great disc!

4. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

The bass is this mix seems a bit overdone if I might say.

5. Clint B

Clint B Second Unit

Actually, the bass was just fine for me, but I like a fair amount of bass anyway (not enough to shake the walls, but certainly a good amount of bass). Just my two cents.

6. Anthony_J

Anthony_J Stunt Coordinator

I found it to be a bit too active with the subwoofer, but then again, I didn't listen to it at a very loud level, so I can see how the subwoofer seemed overbearing.

Other than that - great disc. The documentary was very well done and really made a great lead-in to the concert itself.

7. Brian O

Brian O Second Unit

Great disc. The before concert documentary is really outstanding. They play quite a few songs in that too. Also, the doc is like a time capsule of an artist and his dealing with the events of 9/11. Really a fascinating disc.