What's new

Still unreleased Color HONEYMOONERS segments (1 Viewer)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
It's great to hear that MPI is releasing the 1970's Color HONEYMOONERS specials, but there are still color 1960's Honeymooners material not yet released.

There are 7 Skits that were done around 1968 that were not full hour-long episodes,but part of complete JACKIE GLEASON SHOW with other skits and segments. As I can recall,these were actually pre-taped and inserted into the shows due to Art Carney's availablity for a few months. These were most,if not all,remakes of 1950's skits.

I was surprised that the skits weren't extras on the color box sets like the 1973 special skit was on the last.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
And what about all the1950s material that has never been released, including the original Trip to Europe musicals from 1957?

And how about a rerelease with a digital restoration? With today's digital restoration, perhaps the 1950s skits could look a lot better than ever before.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
What I would like to see is the last Audrey Meadows black and white episode, " The Adaption"
Clips were shown on one of the Jackie Gleason tribute specials.

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
That's because sets are continuing to be released, that's why not all of the episodes have been released yet ...

... bwahahahahahahahahahahaha ...

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Well it looks like they are putting the 1960's Skits as extras on the 1970's Honeymooners DVDs. Not a bad idea! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks