What's new

Still-text on Columbia DVDs hard to read (1 Viewer)

nousername

Supporting Actor
I have a Sony 36XBR450 and a Panasonic DVD-RV31 interlaced DVD player hooked up via the component inputs.
On some of my Columbia Pictures DVDs, the still-text is hard to read, no matter what still mode I choose. (Example: the chapter titles in the "Scenes Selection" menus.) So far, I've only tried Taxi Driver, Vertical Limit and Kramer vs. Kramer.
The text is nice and clear at first, and then freezes into a distorted state. On the Taxi Driver DVD especially, the text in the screenplay is almost unreadable.
What is going on here, and do other DVD players exhibit this problem? What is the technical name of this thing I am experiencing?
Would a progressive scan DVD player eliminate this? Anyone else experience what I described above?
HBO's Muhammad Ali: The Greatest Collection also exhibits this problem. And yet, on other DVDs (such as Superman: The Movie from Warner), still-text is perfectly fine.
Thanks, Allan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks