What's new

Still Pictures on DVD player (1 Viewer)

Steve Estabrook

Auditioning
I have a Pioneer Elite DV-F07 DVD Player. I would like to make video CD's on this player as it should read MPEG-1 Format. I tried saving photos in this format and the player seemed to read the disk ok but no photos. Is there some software/program that can do this?

Thanks

Steve Estabrooks

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I have used Nero for making some VCD's with no problems, but I have not tried with photos.

Try and look on vcdhelp.com for more info on DVD player compatibility and other VCD info.

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
All VCDs use MPEG-1 compression, but not all MPEG-1 compression is VCD.

There is a very specific set of parameters for a valid VCD, and a separate set (using MPEG-2) for SVCD.

Here's one way to put photos on either that I know works; there may be other ways:

Using a video editing program, make a movie that incorporates the photos you want. I think almost all such programs allow you to incorporate photos into the movie. As a bonus, you can incorporate a soundtrack as well.

Then just save the movie as VCD or SVCD (your editor probably has a preset choice for each), and then burn the VCD or SVCD using Nero or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks