Still on the fence Def.tech,mirage or paradigm?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ricky c, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Ricky c

Ricky c Stunt Coordinator

In March i'm getting my speakers but can't decide which ones.I'll be going via 2 dealers one with Def.tech and Paradigm the other Mirage.The Mirage are either OM7 or OM9,the def.tech 2006tl,2004tl or BP30,The paradigm are studio80.They all sound great.I'll be powering with Marantz sr7000.The room is 22.5 x19.5 x 8.The speakers will go next to a wall unit.I listen 70% ht/tv 30% music.For the life of me i can't decide.Which of these choices would be the preferred speakers considering the Marantz i will be using.I don't plan on upgrading the receiver.I don't mean to be indecisive but i don't want to regret the purchase.Also the dealers are too far for me to try at home then take back(paradigm & Def.tech dealer).Sorry for the long and repetitive post.And yes i have posted a similar topic before but i'm now close to the end.

2. Bob_A

Bob_A Supporting Actor

What does your heart tell you?
    Have you been able to listen to these speakers with a Marantz receiver?
    I think you should try to make a decision based on your overall sonic AND aesthetic preferences.
    With DT, look at my setup guide: http://www.audioutopia.com/cgi-bin/Y...num=1006931043
    Good luck!

3. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

[​IMG]

4. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Bob A: That's a nice, well thought out setup guide that could also be used for almost all speakers, not only bi-polars.
    But of course, I have to kid you about something. So, can you draw me a picture of what a nonoverlapping snaking "s" pattern looks like? I'm guessing that configuration takes the hiSSSSSSS out of your system. [​IMG]

5. Bob_A

Bob_A Supporting Actor

Thanks John...yes you are correct, other speakers (particularly bipolars) could be applicable for this setup. Now that snaking "s" pattern...LOL...the only reason I tried it was because John Risch over at audioreview recommended it...so this setup, in part with cleaning up my wiring a bit, helped IMHO to eliminate any sibilance and/or roughness which I found in my CD's. If someone has some wires which are coiled in a (overlapping) circular pattern...then they should try out this "tweak" [​IMG]