What's new

Still no word on "The Colby's" or "Dynasty: The Reunion"? (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Great admirer as I am of Charlton Heston, he was crazy to pick Katharine Ross over Stephanie! :) Though in all seriousness, he and Stephanie became good friends and Stephanie I remember told a touching story of how he phoned her once to basically say goodbye when he was in the early stages of Alzheimers.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
classicmovieguy said:
attachicon.gif
The_Colbys_Dynasty_II_The_Colbys_TV_Series-322720244-large.jpg

attachicon.gif
6a01156f1b6b31970c0133f56b3c93970b-800wi.png

I noticed that the first ad (the one that says "Starts this week!") has The Colbys title in a script font (the part that says "The Colbys"), whereas the second one has the full title the way we would have seen it on screen in the first episodes, IIRC.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Probably just a bit of "poetic embellishment" on the part of the publicity department. The illustration of Barbara Stanwyck with a marcel-wave hairstyle makes her look like she's stuck in the 1930's.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
classicmovieguy said:
Isn't it so wonderful? I think we should start a dedicated "Dynasty"/"The Colbys" thread here at HTF, like the ones for "Dark Shadows", "Murder She Wrote", etc. :)

Byron I am on board for this suggestion. Just tell me when and where to endorse it.

Mark

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Byron, bring them on for you are talking to a big fan.

I always enjoyed the story line when Blake forgets Crystal and thinks he is still married to Alexis. We get to see it play over a few episodes.

Just wanted to add that. Now we get to see the two shows blend sort of speak with guest shots from Dynasty on the Colbys.

Trace my friend I have been wanting this show so long for you. Trace is buried in all that snow on the east coast so I hope this helped a him a little.

tracyedgar

Stunt Coordinator
Yes you're right Mark! I have been waiting for The Colbys forever!!! Now, they've GOT to release the Dynasty movie to complete the series! I have already placed my preorder for The Colbys. Love this show!!!

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
Real Name
Gerald
classictvfan40 said:
Shout Factory has a sell going on right now. I pre-ordered mine for 70 dollars. You will get the DVD 3 weeks earlier from Shout too.

While the idea of getting it three weeks earlier is pretty tempting, I've had way too many bad experiences with them before.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Since The Reunion is coming out first for Region 4 (Australia and NZ), when do you think we here in America will get it?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I have it already. Plays perfectly in my sony Region 1 blu-ray player. Colors and overall pq are very very good. This is the first time I've heard this movie in stereo. I taped it off-air back in 1991 and I've had that vhs tape for almost 30 years.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I have it already. Plays perfectly in my sony Region 1 blu-ray player. Colors and overall pq are very very good. This is the first time I've heard this movie in stereo. I taped it off-air back in 1991 and I've had that vhs tape for almost 30 years.

Glad you finally have that 1991 Reunion!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks