What's new

Still no sign of Let It Be on Blu? (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
So the box will have "Get Back" AND "Let It Be"? Will that box have blu-ray audio too, or will that be another box?
Just a guess on my part but I think both of the documentaries will be in the usual Beatles box set (with the album on Blu-ray + CD and the demos and alt takes on CD) and at least the Peter Jackson documentary will be available on its own.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Any word on whether the Peter Jackson Documentary release that was planned for this fall is still a go, or has the pandemic caused a delay or derailment in that?

CHEERS! (And Stay Safe, Everyone!!) :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Any word on whether the Peter Jackson Documentary release that was planned for this fall is still a go, or has the pandemic caused a delay or derailment in that?

CHEERS! (And Stay Safe, Everyone!!!!) :)
Unfortunately, it's been pushed back to August 27th, 2021.

Disappointing, but unavoidable. Thanks for your post, Howie! Stay Safe, my friend!!

CHEERS! :)

Ejanss

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Given that "Get Back" ended up being a separate documentary, rather than the "re-edit" that was hyped in the original announcement, I'm not quite as sure whether we are getting a Let It Be box--
Unless Sir Paul feels that with the "right" version out now, the "wrong" version of the events can't do any more damage.

Brian Husar

Second Unit
Given that "Get Back" ended up being a separate documentary, rather than the "re-edit" that was hyped in the original announcement, I'm not quite as sure whether we are getting a Let It Be box--
Unless Sir Paul feels that with the "right" version out now, the "wrong" version of the events can't do any more damage.
The original was also announced as well. It will more than likely be in a box set.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
My guess is that Get Back will be available on its own and Let It Be will only be part of the Let It Be anniversary box set (with CD, outtake CDs and Let It Be & Get Back Blu-rays) that presumably will be out next fall.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wouldn’t people complain that Jackson’s Get Back wasn’t included as part of the Let It Be box set?

How is Disney involved here?

I’ll probably not see the Jackson film in theaters and wait for the blu ray and Let It Be releases on home video, if it’s blu ray or 4K.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Wouldn’t people complain that Jackson’s Get Back wasn’t included as part of the Let It Be box set?

How is Disney involved here?
I wasn't very clear. I think Get Back will be released on its own and as part of the box set but I think Let It Be will be exclusive to the box set.

Disney has the distribution rights to the documentary.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Travis. Ok, I didn’t think Disney had any rights to the Beatles music or films. So that makes sense they could have the distribution rights for the documentary. Is that just for the Get Back documentary?

I guess we’ll see what happens next year with both films. I’ll be interested in seeing Let It Be included in the box set. Will be interesting too if they did any work on that film to remaster it. And I’ll be curious how Jackson has edited Get Back, from that montage that was sneak peaked, it looks very positive and like happy times. We of course know Let It Be painted a picture of The Beatles at times sniping at each other. The power of editing.

RICK BOND

Supporting Actor
Real Name
RICK
Here is my Let It Be/Get Back Vinyl, CD & 1970 Book Collection :) I :emoji_hearts: The BEATLES !
DSC00436.JPG

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I did have a chance to bid on the laserdisc many years ago on Ebay but lost and the final bid ended up at $160. It still sells at high prices but come next year the value will come down.

1608667852831.png

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The first album I ever purchased was Let it Be. The next day I purchased Steppenwolf Live. In the weeks that followed I taught myself to play the title song "Let it Be" on the piano (my sister took lessons, I did not. It annoyed her that I could play many things by ear, mostly pop/rock songs, better than she could by reading the music).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarikabtneha