1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Still no sign of Let It Be on Blu?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Sgt Pepper, Jan 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

I’ve seen Let It Be screened in College and at least once more since then. This thread is making me want to grab one of the laserdiscs. Do we know for sure the Jackson versions will include a remastered version of the original Let It Be, unaltered to be a happier cut? I’m trying to help you George!

Tony Bensley likes this.
  2. Brian Husar

Brian Husar Second Unit

It’s going to be a separate release. Rumor has it a Let It Be box is coming in May and I wouldn’t be surprised if it will be a part of the box set release. Just my thoughts on it.

Tony Bensley likes this.
  3. Wayne_j

Wayne_j Producer

Wayne
    The Beatles Anthology is available on DVD and since it was mastered in SD I doubt there would be much improvement on Blu Ray.

https://www.amazon.com/Beatles-Anthology-John-Lennon/dp/B00008GKEG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=the+beatles+anthology&qid=1581280525&sr=8-1

Tony Bensley likes this.
  4. Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley Producer

Anthony
    That's too bad. Still, I've read of other SD mastered titles that have enjoyed worthwhile Blu-ray releases (IE. FRAGGLE ROCK, which I believe was shot entirely on low resolution videotape!), so who knows?

CHEERS! :)

MatthewA likes this.
  5. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate

If they could remaster Star Trek: The Next Generation from the original source films (and they now look amazing in HD), they could do the same for Anthology. It wouldn't be an easy project, but what worthwhile Beatles project ever has been?

6. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

The sooner the better but I'd be shocked if it wasn't released in the fall so they can take advantage of selling it during the holidays.

7. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

Thanks, I hope the rumors are true and the original Let It Be will be released this year on an HD format.

8. TJPC

TJPC Producer

Terry Carroll
    Can’t the “British” method be used to upgrade things like “Beatles Anthology”? Their results with Monty Python and to a lesser extent “The Hitchhiker’s Guide” have been really good to excellent.

MatthewA likes this.
  9. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    Each of the last three years has seen a large Beatles box set released - Sgt. Pepper's, the White Album, Abbey Road - so I can't see 2020 being any different, except that this one will likely have a video component too.

Brian Husar and TravisR like this.
  10. RICK BOND

RICK BOND Second Unit

RICK
    Let It Be LP was released on May 8 1970. This year May 8 2020 is on a Friday ! New music releases are released on Friday's of each month. So it's Perfect that it worked out this way. I can see the Let It Be boxed set Vinyl, CD's and Bluray Audio being released on that day. Just like the Abbey Road box sets. The Restored movie that's another story. If it's ready and done, Great. Otherwise we will have to wait for the film probably in October they say with a hard cover Get Back book coming also.

Jack K and Brian Husar like this.
  11. Brian Husar

Brian Husar Second Unit

That’s actually the rumor. The box will come in May.

12. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    The rumor I heard was that the movie would be released to theaters in May, with a box set to follow in Sept-Oct.

Both are plausible.

13. WillG

WillG Lead Actor

I was a little disappointed that Magical Mystery Tour got overlooked for a box set release. I realize that two big sets in one year may have been a bit much and that there is some argument over whether or not MMT is a “real” album (even though the US LP length version is considered part of the Beatles official album discography) but i would have liked a full 5.1 version of it (even though 5.1 versions of some of the tracks are available on other releases and that the MMT movie with 5.1 audio is available on BD) but would have been nice to have a release with the updated mixes, demos, alt takes etc.

Sam Favate, RICK BOND and atcolomb like this.
  14. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Like I said, the sooner the better but I don't think they care about hitting the literal 50th anniversary date more than they care about cashing in on holiday sales. Not to mention that they'd be releasing a second $100+ Beatles box set in less than 8 months.

15. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Cinematographer
    Supporter

I mean, it got a box set release, but that didn't have any alternate/early takes. The actual film looked great and sounded great as well. Plus, the supplements on the Blu-ray were really good as was the book that was included with it. It also had a very nice reproduction of the mono EP. While I'd love to have a disc of alternate takes, etc., I can't see that happening. The original box must not have sold very well because I was able to get it for a song about a year after it was released.

16. WillG

WillG Lead Actor

are you simply taking about the BD release of the film?

17. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Cinematographer
    Supporter

Yeah. Should have clarified.

18. UnauthorizedAccount

UnauthorizedAccount Auditioning

Jonas Crumby
    I just read about this, Peter Jackson's film about that period of time in the life of the Beatles will be released this year. Among its features will be the complete "Roof top Concert." After this Special Edition Box set is released a new digitally remastered version of "Let It Be" will officially be released.

Jack K likes this.
  19. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

Thank You. Welcome to the forum. This has already been previously discussed but it is exciting news.

Jack K likes this.
  20. bigshot

bigshot Cinematographer

Stephen
    So the box will have "Get Back" AND "Let It Be"? Will that box have blu-ray audio too, or will that be another box?

Jack K likes this.