What's new

Still no sign of Let It Be on Blu? (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
No such luck... The "lobby" was a smallish entrance with the concession stand off to the side. I don't recall ever seeing a poster inside. All posters were on the wall outside and we rarely noticed more than the title and what day it would be playing. Most movies were there for a few days at most with the "better" ones showing on the weekend with a Saturday matinee.

Well... he wasn't so "cool" about me wanting a Beatles haircut. :D

This was a far cry from the Fab Four's "Let It Be" period! :D :

My late step brother would sometimes comment about having briefly sported a Paul McCartney Let It Be hairdo, complete with beard. However, he said the beard became too itchy for him, so he shaved it off. Oddly enough, Paul did the same around that time, I think!

CHEERS! :)

Reactions: PMF

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
When I finally did achieve the freedom to grow my hair like I liked I made Lennon's look short. It came down to 4" above my waist when I cut it for a job in 1977 (but was still as long as Ringo's in this photo). A few years back I grew it long again and it's currently down to just below the armpit - parted in the middle. I've had a beard for almost 46 years - started growing it the day I graduated HS and have never cut it off. Right now it's about the length of Lennon's in this photo:

The beard has been as long as 8" (I was going for the ZZ Top look but it was really getting in the way so I cut it back to a more reasonable 3").

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I have what is considered to be a big beard with a handlebar mustache now. I also sported a mid back pony tail when I had the hair for it. I kept both until the ratio of pleasure from the look is overcome by the nagging to get a trim. I am almost at the stage where the long beard will have to go! :wacko:

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Somebody is selling on Ebay a sealed laserdisc for $1,250 which is the highest price I have seen for just one laserdisc movie. Have a feeling he will have to relist the price soon.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thanks for posting this news. I had given up on this release years ago and put it completely out of my mind.

Nice to see that we may definitely see this released.

I would love to see the ANTHOLOGY released to Blu-ray as it's the definitive documentary told in the words of the boys themselves, but that's a long shot.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'd be much more interested in seeing ANTHOLOGY on Blu.

As a college student in Rochester, NY I saw LET IT BE in 1970 as part of a four-film Beatles festival that ran until about 2:00 a.m. It was a slog, coming after the three other, much more entertaining films, so I admit I did not view it under optimal circumstances. Still, even at only 80 minutes, it seemed as boring as a drill bit to me. I've no interest in any future Blu-ray release. I am in the minority, of course. Having A HARD DAY'S NIGHT, HELP! and YELLOW SUBMARINE looking as fine as they do is plenty enough for me, and I am a big Beatles fan.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I'd be much more interested in seeing ANTHOLOGY on Blu.

As a college student in Rochester, NY I saw LET IT BE in 1970 as part of a four-film Beatles festival that ran until about 2:00 a.m. It was a slog, coming after the three other, much more entertaining films, so I admit I did not view it under optimal circumstances. Still, even at only 80 minutes, it seemed as boring as a drill bit to me. I've no interest in any future Blu-ray release. I am in the minority, of course. Having A HARD DAY'S NIGHT, HELP! and YELLOW SUBMARINE looking as fine as they do is plenty enough for me, and I am a big Beatles fan.

I am glad you said it. I was afraid to bring this thread to a screeching halt by saying LET IT BE was never a film I really liked. Calling it a slog is spot on.

ANTHOLOGY would have been a much better choice.

Sam Favate

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Would absolutely love Anthology on Blu-ray. Keep bugging Paul and Ringo about it on social media.

There was a recent comment from Jackson about the film he’s working on, saying something to the effect that he’s found a lot of joy in the footage he’s using to re-craft the film. You may recall that in 2003, a huge trove of Let It Be footage was found. It had been stolen and out of the Beatles ‘ hands for 30 years. Originally, director Michael Lindsay-Hogg was going to do something with it simply as bonus footage for a DVD, but that never came to be for a variety of reasons. Lindsay-Hogg died several years ago. Jackson has promised an HD version of the original film along with his new cut.

The other Beatles project I desperately want to see is the Shea Stadium footage on Blu-ray. Some of it is on Beatles 1+ and it is fabulous. Complicated ownership of those films though.

RICK BOND

Supporting Actor
Real Name
RICK
The NEW version that Peter Jackson is working on will be a Much Better and Happier film. It will show The Beatles having Fun ! The 80min. original showed too much boredom and tension. Great Songs and Academy Award Winner 1970. I can't wait to see it !

Brian Husar

Second Unit
Would absolutely love Anthology on Blu-ray. Keep bugging Paul and Ringo about it on social media.

There was a recent comment from Jackson about the film he’s working on, saying something to the effect that he’s found a lot of joy in the footage he’s using to re-craft the film. You may recall that in 2003, a huge trove of Let It Be footage was found. It had been stolen and out of the Beatles ‘ hands for 30 years. Originally, director Michael Lindsay-Hogg was going to do something with it simply as bonus footage for a DVD, but that never came to be for a variety of reasons. Lindsay-Hogg died several years ago. Jackson has promised an HD version of the original film along with his new cut.

The other Beatles project I desperately want to see is the Shea Stadium footage on Blu-ray. Some of it is on Beatles 1+ and it is fabulous. Complicated ownership of those films though.
Shea Stadium would be good, but I would want the original audio, as sloppy as it was. The Shea Stadium footage has the music “sweetened” by the boys.

Brian Husar

Second Unit
I’ve never seen the original Let It Be fully, so I want to see it just to have seen it.

I guess and hope the Jackson film will be shown at theatres.
I’ve never seen the original Let It Be fully, so I want to see it just to have seen it.

I guess and hope the Jackson film will be shown at theatres.
Let It Be is very depressing, not just by what’s going on with The Beatles but even by the look of the film. Things pick up when they move to Apple Studios, but the Twickenham studios stuff is very dark, except the color screen around them. The editing is very sloppy as well, and Lyndsey Hogg was a good Director for music, judging by the many videos/promo films he did for The Stones and The Who.

RICK BOND

Supporting Actor
Real Name
RICK

Michael Lindsay-Hogg is 79 years old ! He will be 80 on May 5th. Where do you get your information ? Not on Wikipedia that's for sure.

Sam Favate

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Michael Lindsay-Hogg is 79 years old ! He will be 80 on May 5th. Where do you get your information ? Not on Wikipedia that's for sure.

I apologize. I could have sworn I read that he passed away. I’m glad he’s still with us. I’d love to hear his commentary track on the original film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robert45