What's new

Still Learning... (1 Viewer)

AL.REBEL

Auditioning
Real Name
Lynne
Could someone give me some ideas on what I need to do to my home theater system to bring out the voices of what is being said in movies that I watch. Seems the voice sound is muffled out more than the music. I like good sound all around but, I do like to hear what is being said as well. If I turn the volume up to where I can hear the voice better, then the special effects and music are really too loud. Happy medium with all ?? I am working with a Pioneer VSX-530-k amp along with 4 Bose 151 SE Environmental Speakers. I also have 2 Bose 251 Environmental speakers, and 2 10" subs in a cabinet. The subs are powered by a separate amp.

AL.REBEL

Auditioning
Real Name
Lynne
Do you have a center channel? 4 channel surround is about the worst configuration possible, I've understood.
Do you have a center channel? 4 channel surround is about the worst configuration possible, I've understood.

Yes, there is a center channel connection on my amp. I don't have it in use at the moment.I have two of my speakers on the surround connection and two on the front connection. the last two speakers I have piggy-backed on the front connection as well. I have included a pic of the backside of my amp.

Attachments

• Pioneer VSX-530-K.jpg
    Pioneer VSX-530-K.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Pioneer VSX-530-K.jpg
    Pioneer VSX-530-K.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 53

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Yes, there is a center channel connection on my amp. I don't have it in use at the moment.I have two of my speakers on the surround connection and two on the front connection. the last two speakers I have piggy-backed on the front connection as well. I have included a pic of the backside of my amp.
That's the problem. Connect your center channel.

If that's not possible, set your processing for stereo or otherwise tell the receiver that you have no center channel.

AL.REBEL

Auditioning
Real Name
Lynne
That's the problem. Connect your center channel.

If that's not possible, set your processing for stereo or otherwise tell the receiver that you have no center channel.
Thanks, I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda19798888
Recent bookmarks