Still haven't heard much about the Samsung HD931

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Tom Martin, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Tom Martin

Tom Martin Stunt Coordinator

i bought it when it first came out and i took it back cuz it had a few bugs. they've been supposedly fixed and it now comes with a DVI cable. but i haven't heard much about the A/V quality yet. i have the Denon 910 and i'm pretty happy with it, but i'm wondering how it compares to the Samsung. can anyone give me any feedback? thanks.

2. Mort Corey

Mort Corey Supporting Actor

From everything I've read, you've made the right choice. The 931 tends to crush blacks and there's not much that can be done to rectify the problem. The remote funtion seems to be lackluster as well. It appears that the new Denon 5900 is a work in progress at this time as well. I bought a Denon 1815 (same as your 910 but multi disk) and was quite satisfied with the PQ. Traded it back for the 2900 mostly for the better build quality and a couple of quirks in the 1815 that bothered me.

Mort

3. Tom Martin

Tom Martin Stunt Coordinator

too bad the 910 didn't come with a DVI output...

4. Kevin Korom

Kevin Korom Stunt Coordinator

Wait a little while longer- there's a whole crop of DVI equipped players coming out this spring/summer. Hopefully, at least some of them will fix the problems of the current models.