Still Game fans unite in Protest!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Sean Aaron, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    I'm a huge fan of the brilliant Chewing The Fat spin-off Still Game which has had two series on BBC1 Scotland. I got the first series on DVD last X-mas for £14.99 from play.com which was bare-bones six episodes on one DVD from BBC. I quite enjoyed the second series and was looking forward to it, figuring an X-mas release again. Imagine my surprise when I was in the Virgin at the Gyle shopping mall in western Edinburgh when I spy the 2nd series on DVD. Imagine my outrage when I see that they've decided to release two separate DVDs with three 30min. episodes each for £12.99! It's not available from play.com yet (I figure it'll be £9.99 per DVD ), but the John Williams Productions website shop has it, as does amazon.co.uk.

It would appear that John Williams Productions, the producers of the show would be responsible for this blantant rip-off. I for one am posting a letter of complaint via their handy contact web form and I highly encourage others to do the same and let them know that we aren't going to pay twice as much for the program, much less buy such a wasteful distribution of it.

Here is the link for your convenience:

http://www.johnwilliamsproductions.c...t_us/index.asp

2. Craig: Mclaren

Craig: Mclaren Second Unit

They don't seem to respect Scottish product though Sean. Chewing the Fat was released by some cowboy company instead of through the BBC. There where no extras of any kind. Taggart too is released by some company I've never heard of and there release pattern is weird. Still Game is one of the best comedy series this decade outside League of Gentleman. Do the BBC spend some money on it and release a nice extras leaden set... nope. If it was English I imagine it would be a different story. The Office got a nice DVD set and its vastly overated and not very funny, but who cares, it was made in Engerlund [​IMG]

3. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    Well, I certainly hope you'll indicate your upset at the link. Interestingly after submitting mail through their webmail form I got a confirmation of receipt from BBCi, which suggests that John Williams Productions products for sale are, in fact, BBC made.

I agree that there should have been some extras like commentary on the episodes, but I'm happy just to have the show. Splitting bare-bones episodes though is just not acceptable and really takes the Michael.