What's new

Still File:Gone with Laser Disc??? (1 Viewer)

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
I really don't understand why nobody brings up the fact that,the big still file is almost a thing of the past.
The Close Encounters BR had a wonderful HD Still File even if it wasn't the whole thing,Disney does
great ones,but thats about it,Criteron have mostly given up this feature,and Most of these new BR's don't
include even short ones,

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I believe he means a stills gallery. LD used to have extensive galleries and articles that you could read through page by page. Readable articles really disappeared when DVD came in.

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
Recently watched the WS SE of Logan's Run on LD, quite a few stills on that one text and pictures.
regards

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Well, this feature has indeed dwindled from the releases of most studios, but it is alive and well on the Disney Platinum releases (including Blu-ray). Perhaps the massive stills collections that have been on all previous incantations of the first two ALIEN movies as well as THE ABYSS will make it to Blu as well. When KING KONG (1933) debuts on Blu, as it certainly will (please, Warner Bros, not another ninety dollar box set), I suspect it will carry much if not all of the preproduction and production stills that have been available previously on laser and/or DVD. This stuff is still out there, you just have to look a little harder for it.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
something I would have loved to had on the godfather BR Set,who can afford that
1000.00 book?(might be more)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks