Stiil making games for Dreamcast?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Adams, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Just curious, are they still making games for the Dreamcast? And if they are, how long do they plan on making new games? My little girl is at the age where she likes video games and I was debating buying her a used PS1 but I have seen some really cool kids games on the Dreamcast and I already have that.

2. Barry S

Barry S Stunt Coordinator

I think Sega still plans to support the Dreamcast for a while. I think they will continue producing DC software, but probably not near as much as they concentrate on developing games for GameCube, XBox, PS2 and Game Boy Advance. Even if they do stop making games, there are tons of great Dreamcast games already available and very cheap too. Getting your daughter a DC and a copy of Sonic Adventure (depending on how old she is) would be a great idea.

PSone would be a good choice too. There are many, many PS games that can be had for less than $20, including many family-friendly titles. PSOne games will, of course, be less impressive (visually, at least) than Dreamcast titles. But for a kid, they'd probably be perfectly happy with a PSone.

3. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    From what i hear, NHL2k2 will be the last domestic game in North America from Sega. NHL2k2 is slated to come out in February 2002... [​IMG]

4. erik bush

erik bush Agent

according to the local gaming store nhl2k2 has been cancelled. only games slated to be released by the end of the year are going to be. sucks cuz i was really looking forward to nhl2k2. [​IMG]
    ~erik

5. Jay_Sharp

Jay_Sharp Stunt Coordinator

If you want a good dreamcast game Headhunter was recently released in Europe. I recommed you pick up a copy. It's quite good. I have no idea why it wasn't released, I'm sure they could move 50k units with all the DC owners in the channel.

6. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    No, NHL2k2 is still destined for dreamcast... And im lookin foreward to it...
    Dont trust gaming stores... [​IMG]

7. Wolf Jenkins

Wolf Jenkins Stunt Coordinator

Can you post a link to info on Headhunter? never heard of it...

8. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So