What's new

Sticky an SVS FAQ thread already! (1 Viewer)

Ned

Supporting Actor
Every single day we have "new" SVS threads that ask questions that have been answered hundreds of times already.

"My room is X x Y which SVS should I get?"
"Is SVS too much for my small room?"
"My SVS shipped today!!!"
"My SVS sucks, what's wrong with it?"
"OMG my SVS rules, pictures are falling down, and so on"

etc etc ad nauseum.

Come on people. Anyone posting these threads is just wasting forum space and time with threads that have all been answered many times. You could find the answers in 30 seconds with a simple SEARCH.

Everyone can contribute to the faq thread, then lock it and sticky to the top.

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
LOL, it looks like there is a product out there that people really like. Not only that but when people spend alot of money on something they like to share their experience and get some positive reinforcement on their buying decision.

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
I think you see a few "I ordered my SVS today!!!" threads everyday. Kinda annoying, but I guess I can understand being excited about it.

Aaron

james e m

Second Unit
I don't mind those threads, in fact I kind of enjoy them. I don't own a SVS but I like reading about them. Even if people know the answers to some of these questions I think people just want reassurance about their possible purchase.
James

Steve Zimmerman

Second Unit
On another forum, the admins decided to make certain manufacturers' threads "sticky" to prevent the board from being overrun by multiple threads about those brands. It did indeed cut down on the number of threads--but then people complained that it looked like those manufacturers were getting special privileges and free advertising.

--Steve

Jorge UF

Stunt Coordinator
I don't see the big problem here. If you don't want to read it don't click on it. Pretty simple I think. So only new questions can be asked?? Sure some of your answers may be answered by doing a search, but someone might have a recent experience that might help in a buyers decision. If you have a question I think you should ask it, but thats just my opinion.

BrianKR

Second Unit
You will soon be reading an SVS thread from me.
Something like this:
OMG IT'S HERE!
OMG IT IS HERE!
"OMG!!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT'S "FINALLY" HERE!" :emoji_thumbsup:

A

Anthony_Gomez

Well, iirc, SVS does pay to avertise a banner here....so if they did get a sticky, it wouldn't be entirely favortism:D But I agree...there is a rediculous number of repeat threads.

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
You do realize the ironicity here don't you? :)
There have been other posts in the past, ever since SVS swung open the factory doors, complaining about the proliferation of fawning SVS threads. So, the complaints here about thread repetition is itself repetitious.
Me? I enjoy it all :) Life is short, life is good, SVS is good.
End of zen moment.

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
I agree with the other post. If you don't want to read it then just don't open it. I really enjoy reading them myself but then again everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I guess I'll use this SVS thread to save opening another SVS thread and announce: "My SVS CS-Ultra has ARRIVED!" :)
Great big thanks to the guys at SVS for very helpful, friendly, professional attidute and lightning fast shipping!
I cannot wait to get it fired-up.
Jon
P.S...as far as the amount of SVS threads, I have also enjoyed reading them all...especially since I have been very interested in the product. As with other equipment that I've purchased, once I myself own it, I STILL enjoy reading the questions and experiences of other members regarding that equipment. Given the popularity of these subs, and the ability to get direct feedback from the engineers and manufacturer (don't see Velodyne guys attempting this!), it's to be expected...and exactly the kind of threads I expect to come across in the Speakers and Subwoofers forum. I suggest you do as most do with threads that don't interest them.....scroll! ;)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
If you don't want to read it then just don't open it.
absolutely.

I'm one of the ones who bought an SVS based on HTF threads -- call them ravings if you want -- on how good SVS is. now I'm one of those who jumps in and raves about my SVS if and when someone asks a relevant question. and like Jon I enjoy reading a new owner's reactions upon plugging in an SVS for the first time and giving it a workout.

as many have already said -- and this has been said about other threads on regularly recurring topics -- if you're not interested, don't open it and don't read.

Erik Fornander

Auditioning
I like to read SVS threads but I think that all the "I just ordered a SVS" threads that just says that a member just ordered a new SVS and nothing else are unnecessary. SVS threads containing questions, reviews, opinions on how much they like/dislike the subwoofer etc are on the other hand interesting to read, IMHO.

Erik

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Yeah, I dont see the problem either. Whats a waste of forum space. Its not like if we're not careful we'll use up all the forum and their wont be any left :D Pages roll, things fall out of the archives, etc. Why is one thread more valuable then others. As long as its not violating the forum rules, or a direct repetition of a currently open thread... I dont feel like people should be "required" to refrain from opening threads on subjects that have been done before. If that was so, close the Polls section down because there has already been a tourny for every topic possible so there is nothing else to say :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks