What's new

STF-2 versus VTF-2 (1 Viewer)

vasia

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I am thinking about getting Hsu STF-2 sub from CompUSA. It obviously has rave reviews and excellent price (350-). However, I was curious what is the difference between this sub and VTF-2? The latter would be 150$ more and has something called "Line level low pass for 2 channel systems". Can somebody tell me whether VTF-2 is much better than STF-2 to justify spending extra 150$ and what does this line level low pass actually do?

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Just some marketing language ultimately. It might be helpful to know what hardware you're wanting to connect this with, room dimensions, etc. etc.

vasia

Stunt Coordinator
I am connecting it to Marantz SR8300 with a pair of Monitor Audio S8s. I am going to get center and surrounds for 5.1 setup during next couple of months. The room is 17X13. Can I use STF-2 for stereo setup or would it be only usable for HT. It is really not clear to me what low frequency bypass means.

vasia

Stunt Coordinator
I looked at the Hsu forum and the difference between VTF-2 and STF-2 is also variable tuning (making it play louder, but with less extension) and also more power (50Watt). I am not sure about variable tuning, but I am in townhouse and would not play it very loud. So I guess variable extension is not really needed. Would STF-2 be enough for 13X17X10 living room?

vasia

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys,
Thanks for the replies. I'll check Hsu web site to fill out their form.

vasia

Stunt Coordinator
I send an email to Hsu Research this morning, and I got an email from Dr. Hsu in less then an hour that STF-2 would be fine. Great service, I am glad I am detting Hsu sub!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gbenito