1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Stewart Screens versus Da Lite screens?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by tonyGar, Jan 7, 2006.

1. tonyGar

tonyGar Agent

Are Stewart screens worth the extra coin? Where can I get one without going to a boutique? Saw none on Ebay.... heard they were better than Da Lite.

2. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

A couple of random comments on screen material:

1. I've been going to the National Association of Broadcaster's show for the last six years or so. Thousands of manufacturers are there; scads of people are either selling projectors, projector related stuff, or are using projectors for presentations. DaLite and Draper usually have booths there selling their screens. Stewart never has had a booth. Everyone using a projector is using a Stewart screen.

2. I got a set of samples of DaLite materials. In my opinion, they were all too glossy. Haven't had Stewart samples to try, though.

3. Are they worth the extra cost? I wish I knew.

Leo

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Here's a good link to read:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/home...er_screens.htm

From my understanding Stewart is regarded as the "Cadillac" of projector screens. Their Firehawk material hovers around $3k for home theater applications, and people that have had samples say it's simply great.

Da-Lite on the other hand offers some of the best bang-per-buck choices, especially in their HCCV (High-contrast Cinema Vision) material for digital projectors.