Stewart Screens versus Da Lite screens?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by tonyGar, Jan 7, 2006.

1. tonyGar

tonyGar Agent

Are Stewart screens worth the extra coin? Where can I get one without going to a boutique? Saw none on Ebay.... heard they were better than Da Lite.

2. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

A couple of random comments on screen material:

1. I've been going to the National Association of Broadcaster's show for the last six years or so. Thousands of manufacturers are there; scads of people are either selling projectors, projector related stuff, or are using projectors for presentations. DaLite and Draper usually have booths there selling their screens. Stewart never has had a booth. Everyone using a projector is using a Stewart screen.

2. I got a set of samples of DaLite materials. In my opinion, they were all too glossy. Haven't had Stewart samples to try, though.

3. Are they worth the extra cost? I wish I knew.

Leo

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Here's a good link to read:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/home...er_screens.htm

From my understanding Stewart is regarded as the "Cadillac" of projector screens. Their Firehawk material hovers around $3k for home theater applications, and people that have had samples say it's simply great.

Da-Lite on the other hand offers some of the best bang-per-buck choices, especially in their HCCV (High-contrast Cinema Vision) material for digital projectors.