What's new

Steven Spielberg's Taken? (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Just caught a special about a mini-series executive-produced by Steven Spielberg called Taken. It premieres tomorrow. Strangely, this is the first I've ever heard of it. Looks very interesting, but with its extra-long run-time (20 hours), I'm afraid I won't be able to catch it all, though I will surely try. So this is why I'm posting this in the DVD forum: has there been any indications about an eventual DVD release of this? I'm still going through my copy of Band of Brothers, and another Spielberg mini-series wouldn't be too bad.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Anything put on TV today is being considered for a DVD release. I will buy it (unless it surprises me and turns out to be total crap) :)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Aside from the 10-weeknights, they are also reshowing Taken in marathon sessions on Saturdays, so you can tape them all in a row (split between two Saturdays).

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

That is odd, since I've seen commercials for this going on 6 months! They ahve had repeated ads in TV guide and on every cable station for months.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I've heard of buzz of this Spielberg-Sci Fi miniseries for years now! And though I must have seen a dozen ads last night, I didn't even realize it airs tomorrow!

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
When they start publicizing something too soon, I kind of stop paying attention to the ads, then the series starts and I miss the first episode. So, thanks for the heads-up!

Jan

likestowatch

Stunt Coordinator
I heard about this for the first time on vacation over the holiday in the Smokies. It's not that odd. I don't watch tv at home at all. I don't even have cable. The show does look a little interesting, but not enough to buy cable. :)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Here is a USA Today article which confirms an eventual DVD release. Got this from spielbergfilms.com where you can find lots of information on Taken including airtimes for the 10 2 hour episodes.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Sweet! So what, are we looking at an 11-disc set (10 discs for each 2-hour episode, plus whatever episode-specific extras, like a director's commentary, etc. and a disc of extras on the whole production)? How soon will this be out, I wonder? The whole show will be shown numerous times throughout December. Perhaps in the spring? Who's the distributor, Dreamworks?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks