What's new

Steven Spielberg's Munich - 5/9 (1 Viewer)

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
Whatever is happenning with this release it is absurd.

Here in Manhattan, Borders does not carry it, Circuit City does not carry it, at Best Buy it sold out throughout all stores the very same morning it came out, and same for Tower Records.

I found a few copies at Virgin and Barnes & Noble, but at high price (just some $4-5 under RSP).

Finally, I bought my copy at a more reasonable price –but still high– at Saint Marks' Kim's Video.

And now, just out of curiosity, I've made a search at Amazon only to discover that it does not even show up on the results, and looking for it through a link from the 1-disc edition, it turns out that it is only available from associated e-sellers at... $99.95!!

andySu

Senior HTF Member
I’m skint at the moment to buy this film on DVD, Borders We have a Borders hear in the United Kingdom, well in fact hear my home town of Bournemouth, which mind you is sticking hot today lovely.

Thou I’m not sure if it’s released hear till next month, I heard on the “Spielberg forums” that the film was shot in anamorphic 2.35:1 scope, is this true, no super 35 used hear is there I really can’t stand that format, and the use of lighting by “Janusz Kaminski” no halo effects like that was seen in War of the Worlds and few others?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well, since I'm now planning a vacation to France, which will tap me out financially, I'm just going to buy the regular 1 discer. The 2 discer specs don't seem to have much that interests me.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Just a heads up, we had hoped to have a review of this up this week but Universal shipped HTFs copy to the wrong person while I was on business travel. So, we are still working on getting that straightened out. Once I have a copy in hand, will get it out to you guys.

Sam

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Just went through the full movie + extras of the 2-disc LE and I have to say that the film was expertly and beautifully made and presented and the extras were extremely well done. I wish there was a 'play all' function on the 2nd disc but I'm quite happy with the treatment overall. I was particularly moved by the movie since I knew some of the athletes/coaches involved and lived through the incident while watching the sober presentation by ABC sports. The film had additional meaning to me since I 'grew up' in Munich and have visited the Olympic site on recent business trips.

Joel

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Oops -- misread the running times in the DVD Talk review. At any rate, they still don't sound interesting enough to justify (to me) the huge price premium.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks