What's new

Steven Spielberg's Munich - 5/9 (1 Viewer)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I seriously doubt it. I remember the complaints about the transfer of the War of the Worlds DVD, and when I saw Munich in the cinema a few weeks later I noticed all the same elements people have complained about (blooming, grain etc.) My guess is it'll look similar on DVD, which means that it won't be looking "very pretty" compared to DVD transfers of other recent movies but it will be accurately representing the cinematic exhibition.

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
I just caught 'Munich' last Sunday at the movie theater, and sheesh it's a far better film than the overrated 'Crash', but second best to 'Brokeback Mountain' IMHO. The Limited Edition cover art is a sight to behold! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

It's a typo. The SRP of the DVD in that link is for the single-disc edition. If you click on the DVD Widescreen Dubbed Subtitled ACD in Other formats, it takes you to the correctly labeled 2-disc page. I wish it was a screw-up, I would be on top of that like white on rice. :)

Joe D

Supporting Actor
So the question of the day, is this worth seeing?

Spielburg tends to be a little heavy handed in my book, but I like some of his films including:

Jaws
Shindler's List
Minority Report

I did not like:
A.I.
Saving Private Ryan
Etc, etc.

The trailer looked cool, but that's not saying much.

:emoji_thumbsup: 2-Disc Cover art
:thumbsdown: 1-Disc Cover art

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
I got hold of the single-disc edition in the mail on Friday from my friend down in NYC. The picture quality is quite good, although I have been a bit spoilt by HD DVD, but the sound quality is really where this disc shines. There are no extras on the disc except for a five-minute introduction by Steven Spielberg. You can choose to play the film with the intro or without.

As for the film itself, still my pick for the best of 2005, it holds up remarkably well on the small screen. And even though I have the single-disc edition, I will be picking up the 2-discer come May 9th.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I liked munich over both brokeback mountain and crash. I would say that good night and good luck was better.
I most impressed with munich with the time period. very 70s look and feel.

Jacob

Jack _Webster

Stunt Coordinator

no that's just rumor - same as with Cinderella Man, Jarhead, etc.

Might be hard to find in stores - but it'll still be available.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Ive been skipping 2disc editions in favor of single discs for awhile now.

Im looking foward to seeing this again though.

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
that box set looks really sweet, i just wish universal and their infinite wisdome wouldn't sell 2 disc sets for 40 bucks. (oh and I am an idiot, but Jack, is that Kiera in your sig?)

Jack _Webster

Stunt Coordinator

yep. i've always had a thing for her, but after viewing Pride & Prejudice (the first film of it's kind that I'm not embarassed for liking), I think I've completely fallen for her.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I think I'm just about on board with this one. Hafta do some research when I get home so I can find the lowest price. :)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

Circuit City.com is showing $34.99
Best Buy.com is showing $28.99
Target.com is showing $27.99
Barnes and Noble.com and DDD.com is $27.98 + free S&H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks