What's new

Steven Spielberg's Munich - 5/9 (1 Viewer)

Beau

Supporting Actor
I saw this in theaters and loved it. One of my favorite movies in a really long time. I'll be getting the 2-Disc version whatever the cover art looks like. But, that being said, that cover art is crap.

I remember the five covers the bits had a couple months ago; 2 of them looking like the poster, with different color headers for the oscar nomination mention; 2 that looked basically what they went with, with slight variations; and one more that looked very different, a super big head profile of Bana holding a gun super-imposed on some images. It didn't look too bad next to what they went with, so maybe that or the poster art will be the cover for the 2-Disc. I thought the poster was great.

Nit-picking about the DVD cover aside, I have to mention again how great the movie was.

ChristopherBlig

Stunt Coordinator
Any word if the trailer to this film will be included or will we be disappointed yet again as Dreamworks goes the route of both Paramount and Universal in the senseless fight against putting trailers on DVDs. (No problem for Get Rich or Die Tryin but where the hell is the WOTW trailers???)

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
There will be no trailer--if Dreamworks, Universal, Buena Vista and (oftentimes) Paramount were people, I'd have to take them out back a give 'em a good beating for this crazy anti-trailer stance they've taken.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I have to say that DVD cover is awful. Why couldn't they just use the official poster? It's perfect and instantly recognizable! :angry:

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Sam, the 2-disc cover isn'r yet available. I'm sure it's safe to say your wish will be granted then ;)

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
AWWWESOME! Perfection! Wow, that's even enough to make people who don't care about extras upgrade. I'm very pleased. Now if we could just get some action taken on Universal's/Dreamwork's/Paramount's anti-trailer stance...

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
(In his best Frank Barone imitation) - "Holy crap!"

That 2-disc cover is 100 times better...IT WILL BE MINE!!!!

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
MUNICH is a fine film. The 2nd best of 2005 after BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN. No twisting my arm on this purchase. I'm getting the 2-Disc edition for sure.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
No, as a complete tree-hugging liberal dipped in blue paint, I can still say MUNICH was better than BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN, but lest we derail this thread, I'll not pursue the point further...

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Well, excuse me. As a Tree Hugging Blue Paint liberal myself I did not intend to say BROKEBACK was better to than MUNICH. I chose to indicate it was my 2nd favorite film of last year. What is is about NON-BROKEBACK fans putting thier 2 cents in to say there are better films. That is NOT what I was saying and if you feel better for derailing the thread, well...FINE.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
You said "2nd best of 2005 after BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN"; that means BROKEBACK was better than MUNICH. Yes? Right? English teachers of the world, care to vote on this? Oh, and you make a gross (and faulty) presumption that, since I like MUNICH more than BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN, that makes me a "NON-BROKEBACK fan"...

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Hey, both films are merely saplings against the mighty oak that is The New World...in my opinion :)

But that is not germane to the discussion of how much better the two disc art is than the one disc :)

Which is...googol.

Jack _Webster

Stunt Coordinator
This is too good to be true.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

from dvdactive.com:

Hell yes!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jack _Webster

Stunt Coordinator
Well, looks like the release was handled by Universal (rather than Dreamworks), so hopefully we'll get a transfer similar to King Kong (which was spectacular).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks