What's new

Steve Vai and Nelly Furtado - the surprise of the Grammys (for me)! (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
First of all: I am not a fan of Nelly or "that song" and although I admire Vai as a guitarist (his skill is incredible) I've never really gotten into the stuff he puts on his solo albums.

That said, I was blown away by the rendition of "I'm Like a Bird" that they did on the Grammys. It made watching the Grammys with my SO (she was the one who wanted to watch it) palatable...dare I say almost worth sitting through the whole 3+ hours.

Anyone have an MP3 of the performance? I've been searching and haven't found one yet.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
No real soloing. But he blues'd out the basic chords of the song, adding (sacrilege here but I'll say it anyway) Hendrix-like flourishes to the base chords. Kind of like the style Jimi used in "Little Wing."

Truly amazing. If I can find a legal MP3 of it I'll like it here.

Patrick_L

Second Unit
Son of a .....

you mean there was actually something worth watching on the Grammy's this year??? if ya find the song, please post!

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Buddy and Julie Miller lost out to Bob Dylan for Best Contemporary Folk category.
I now realize they never really stood a chance :frowning:

Craig_T

Second Unit
Anyone know what language Dylan was using during his performance? That should have been subtitled for the gyejfdifdish-impaired.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks